When you are building a new home, you have a number of options when it comes to installing windows. There is plenty to consider with window planning, however. In order for you to remain satisfied over the longer term, your windows should meet modern day requirements such as high levels of energy efficiency.
Plan the windows for your new building
for your new build!
When you build a house, windows comprise an important element.They shape the façade, alter the aesthetics and thanks to their characteristics, they create potential energy savings. There are therefore a few things to consider when choosing windows for a new building.
Are any window sizes stipulated? How much will the installation cost? Thinking the planning through carefully will ensure that your home is comfortable for years to come. You will be well prepared thanks to our tips and suggestions for windows in new buildings.
Windows for new buildings – what should you bear in mind?
Consider these aspects:
- Security: Enhanced intruder protection on doors and windows will give you a restful and relaxing night’s sleep. There are different protection classes that describe the effectiveness of this protection.
- Soundproofing: Special soundproofed windows are available to protect you from loud neighbors, street noise and much more, which are primarily of use in properties close to a busy street.
- Thermal insulation and insulation: The right windows will effectively allow you to save on your heating costs. To this end, we recommend triple glazing.
- Insect screens: A complete solution including insects screens often makes more sense than retrofitting netting.
- Sun protection: Classic roller shutters or alternatively, external Venetian blinds provide effective protection from the sun.
- Window arrangement in your new building: Large windows provide plenty of sunlight, whereas multiple, smaller windows offer different places from which you can look out. In addition, a glass façade gives your home a modern style.
- Personal design wishes: When it comes to windows for your new building, you can decide on the colors, sizes, shapes, dimensions, materials, window sills and much more. What overall impression should your home give – natural, modern or historical?
A tip from us: Co-ordinate with architects and specialist window companies from a very early stage in order to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
What windows are suitable for a new build?
The right windows will increase the quality of life. Your choice of window also underlines your personal wishes and your sense of style. As a manufacturer of high-quality windows, glass façades and doors, UNILUX offers window frames made of the following materials:
- Wood & aluminum
- PVC & aluminum
Our wood & aluminum windows combine tradition with modernity. On the outside, aluminum protects the window from the weather. On the inside, all you see is the wooden material which provides a sense of comfort.
Wood is a natural product, which endows it with a quite particular natural charm. We carry modern wooden windows in different profiles. Determine the look of your windows with our design lines: Choose the type of wood or the color, and enjoy a traditional high-quality window.
PVC & aluminum windows or PVC windows can also be designed individually, and are always resistant to environmental influences.
All of our window types have a stable frame into which modern glazing is inserted. Together, the glazing and frame comprise a quality product that meets the highest requirements in terms of thermal insulation and soundproofing.
Choose the right entrance door at the same time
Entrance doors are also a very important factor in any new building. As with windows, there is a wide selection to choose from. You can select from different materials, security classes, insulation performance and designs.
What window size is best for your new building?
Daylight saves energy and is more natural than artificial light. Plenty of light is good to your body, so many people like large-format windows. And with modern panes, large windows can also be energy-efficient.
Practical: A large window facing south warms up the interior of your home, so you can use the heating less.
To ensure that your rooms are well lit, the window size should at least be 25 percent of the living space. You get significantly more light with our glass façades. Replace entire walls with glazing to get even closer to nature!
Find and install windows for a new build now
We support you with the planning of your windows for your new building. One of our specialist partners is in your area, giving you the opportunity to look at different models on site. Get professional, non-binding advice, so that you can get a feel for the materials and the optimal window solution for your new-build project.