Suitable window glass is available for every application:
- Thermal insulation glass – i.e., insulating glazing – improves the energy efficiency of a house, as less heat escapes outside.
- Soundproof glazing systems manage to reduce noise by more than 50 decibels.
- Safety glass can have different properties. Single-pane safety glass (ESG) shatters into rounded shards when it breaks, thus significantly reducing the risk of injury. Laminated safety glass (VSG) on the other hand does not fall apart when it breaks, so that for example, anyone who runs into it is protected, and burglars are kept outside.
- Sun protection glass reduces the solar warming of your rooms.
- Ornamental glass such as frosted glass provides a visual decoration and protects your privacy.
- Intelligent glass, when subjected to an electrical current, provides a privacy protection effect. There are liquid crystal molecules between the panes. The glass is initially opaque. When a current is applied, the arrangement of the molecules changes, and the glass becomes transparent.
- There are many other types of glazing: ranging from self-cleaning, bird-visible to fire-resistant.
The great thing is: It is possible to incorporate several of these properties into a single piece of glazing.